I'm all jolly right now. It hasn't been that long since my last foundation purchase (Diorskin Nude that I have reviewed here) but Sephora was having a 20% sale so I picked this up through a friend. I have been wanting to try this foundation for ages!
Let me just say straight away that the shade Stromboli (Medium 3) is my EXACT match. This is the first liquid foundation that matches my skintone perfectly. It's not too yellow like my MAC Studio Fix Fluid, or too neutral (almost pale) like my Revlon Colorstay, or too pink like my Diorskin Nude. It's somewhere in the middle between yellow and neutral. I have yet to swatch it so you're gonna have to wait (sorry!). I plan to use it for the next couple of weeks before I write a full review on it.
Eye makeup was done rather sloppily here but at least it was super vibrant! Haha.
- Monistat Chafing Gel as primer
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC 35
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Stromboli
- MAC Frost blush in Margin
- Revlon Colorburst l/s in Soft Nude
- Innisfree Moisture Shine l/g in Cream Rose
- MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre
- NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk
- Kat Von D e/s palette in Beethoven (blue and purple shades)
- Stila Smudge Pot in Black (top lashline)
- Revlon CustomEyes Waterproof Mascara
- Elise lashes
I imagine this would be perfect for everyday wear IF ONLY I didn't have any acne scars or discoloration at the moment. :( As the name implies, this foundation is pretty sheer. The finish is matte (not at all dewy or glowy) but I prefer it that way since my skin is oily to begin with. On me the foundation lasts about 4 hours before I notice some blotches on my nose and other dry areas. It's definitely not as long wearing as Diorskin Nude, which is too bad because they both are at the same price range.
What else? I think that's about it for now. I wore this foundation today from 2 to 8 pm and I only touch up my face two times throughout the day. So far I'm liking it.
Anybody's tried this foundation before? What do you think about it?